guidance

prassu

Joined Oct 1, 2012
Hello friend's I need a great favor from you i completed my masters in power electronics in India recently i moved to UK I am unable to decide any thing about my career not able to understand how to apply for jobs are else any course required can any one please help me

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Sorry I don't have any links for the UK (I'm in the USA) but your best bet to start are places such as LinkedIn where you can meet others in the field you seek. Do some wed searches for "job posting." I just did this and got several hits such as http://www.4ukjobs.net/ and http://www.findajobalready.co.uk/.

Don't pass over job recruiters either. In the US these are independent people and companies who match skills to needs, and they are paid for by the companies when you get hired. NEVER pay for such services.

A good relationship with a good recruiter is wonderful as they can explain things you may not thing of, review your resume, and give you some great directions.

Best of luck to you.

prassu

Joined Oct 1, 2012
thank you for your valuable suggestion i will defiantly follow it but i having lots of doubts in my cv preparation as a fresher can you please give me any advise

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I am sorry, but you have a masters degree, which tells me you should be a little more self-sufficient. I am sure that there are many examples on the web on how to make a CV, what to include and what not, and lots of other good advice too. Google is your friend.

prassu

Joined Oct 1, 2012
ya but i have not got any information related to freshers so i am afraid and even i have inquired for research there also i faced a hard stone so that's why i am here to take advice
from you

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
All you need is a simple one page resume. Note your university, degrees obtained, major and minor subjects, any projects you did along the way, and perhaps relevant interests and hobbies.

A good CV is there to get them interested enough to get you in for the interview. It does not answer all questions.

prassu

Joined Oct 1, 2012
i have a small doubt in my mind can i get any offer as I am not having any experience and i don't even undergone any courses in UK