Got some questions about electrical control panels

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone .

Don't know if am still in the memories here but i was an active member not so long ago mainly on electronics and micro-controllers and have started some exiting topics about that .
Also i like the new theme btw , its so similar to electo-tech-online now.

Any ways i am working currently in an enterprise witch is dealing with the design of electrical industrial circuits and making control panels like the one in the picture of course in various sizes and configurations ( PLC based , Speed variator based , delta/why, etc ..........)

So since i have more experience with electronics rather than electricity, it would be really beneficial to read more about the control panels , the symbols , the usual designs , just to be more familiar with them while am working with the crew .

Any books , videos , diagrams would be really helpful .

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Get hold of a copy a NFPA79 Wiring for Industrial Machinery, there is a copy out there on the web, I believe I have one somewhere as well as the hard copies I have.
Mainly based on the NEC with wiring practices and wire colours etc.
BTW if you require panel labels, look into reverse engraved Lamacoid, it can be made multi colour emblems or lettering, if needed
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
Hi thanks max

Does this come with typical circuits like direct start-up , statoric start up , progressive start-up , etc .......

Am looking for a download link right now .

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013