Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Hello
I had a previous thread on Programming, i have this:

- A hex file ready to put on my chip
- The Chip, an ATtiny13A
- AVR ISP MKII Programmer
- AVR Studio 4

What do i do to get the hex file on the chip? will this work?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZO0q3Gzbw&feature=related

I can just connect the Tiny13 to the AVRISP MKII on a breadboard, go into AVR Studio 4, press AVR Prog, put in the HEX and press program, then its all done?

Chris

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Yes so..

When connecting the Pins from the 6plug socket out of the AVR ISP to the Chip, is the red line on the rippon mean that when thats ontop the top left pin is pin one, or can i connect it like this photo

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The uC needs to be mounted to a circuit board with the ICSP programming header on it. The IC doesn't plug directly into the cable you have in the photo.

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Yes i am going to put the Chip on a breadboard and attatch jumpers from the breadboard into the header Plug from the ISP MKII

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The red conductor associates with pin 1 on the connector.

The Youtube link you provided is for the dragon. You are not using a dragon, you are using the AVRISP MKII.

You need to make sure that your ATTINY13 breadboard has the ISP6PIN header wired into it.

Your AVRISP MKII will plug into the 2 by 3 header on your prototype board.

hgmjr

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Ok yes so i need to find how to attatch the ISP MKII to the ATtiny13 like a picture or something

Once it is connected, i verify it in AVR Studio 4 with that Chip looking button that says 'AVR'

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Also their is a Fuse Setting thing you talked about hgmjr what is that? is it important, can i just download the HEX file to the ATtiny13 using the AVR Studio 4 Programming tool and not have to change the fuse, with the youtube link, i know its the dragon, but is what is explined in the video the same for me?, i open the AVR Button and press prgram once i load the HEX file?

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Well i have it ready to be plugged into my computer noe but i dont know wat to to then? once i plug it in i open AVR Studio 4 and do the configure thing on AVR button

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
I just run an Update for the AVRISP MKII in AVR Studio 4 and it says its all good, so now everything is working i jus have to connect the chip to the AVRISP MKII On a breadboard, load HEX and press program

Chris

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
i dont fully understand that picture? the six pin connecter is where , what connects? i have a picture i think you uploaded here

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Ok thanks, How do i find Pin 1? is the red line indicating that if the 6 holes are facing me and the red line is ontop the top left is pin 1?

---- +1 +2
+3 +4
+5 +6