Got my Chip, Programmer & Software

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Here is where things can be dicey.

Locate the ICON in the menu that looks like an IC and has the label "CON" in it. Click on it and the window will come up where you need to specify the comm port that has been assigned to the programmer.

hgmjr

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
I cliked CON and a window opened, AVRISP mkii is Highlited and it says USB on the other list to the right, then it there is a button that says connect

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The new window should have a bunch of tabs across the top of the window. Labels should be Main, Program, Fuses, Lockbits, etc...

Select Main initially.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You are very close to paradise.

Go ahead and click on the "Read Signature button". If all is good you will get three bytes of signature and the message something like "Signature read successfully".

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
That's perfect. You have reached a good point in the process.

Next click on the tab marked "Program". Then go to the sub-window labeled "Flash" and browse to the folder with your irritator.hex file in it. Then select the irritator.hex file.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Next click on the tab labeled "Fuses". Then move down to the line labeled SUT_CKSEL and click on the little triangle on the right side of the line to expand the selection list. Click on "Int RC Osc. 9.6 Mhz Start-up time: 14 CK + 64ms".

This is the only change you need to make on the Fuses window.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
OK. I think you have all of the settings that need to be made done. You should be able to go back to the Program Tab and you can now click on the program button below the "flash" sub-window containing your irritator.hex file path.

You will be able to watch in the sub-window at the bottom of the window to see the programming steps and whether they were successsful or not.

hgmjr