Got a Spare £25k?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Why not get a flight in the final trans Atlantic crossing of a Avro Lancaster from Canada to the UK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...Bay-25-000-one-way-ticket-Canada-England.html

This would be so amazingly epic, I would worry about having a constant nosebleed, as well as running up and down the plane. :D

Man, that would be so cool. Apparently they are planning to fly the two last airworthy Lancasters together (again, a first), so I will HAVE to make sure I see that.

So cool. :D

Sparky

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You had one of the coolest trips to school I know of. :D
Every school boy knew the identity of a plane by the sound, even before seeing it, and all the outline/profiles were known on sight.:cool:
One of the first questions was, Is it one of ours.;)
The Gloucester Meteor caused a bit of a stir, to see the first jet fighter fly over.
I think at one point I somehow 'acquired' the telescopic gun/bomb sight from a bomber, bit of a heavy sucker to lug around.:eek:
Max.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I wouldn't be interested in a Lancaster. Now a B-17 on the other hand... that would be a trip of a lifetime. I got inside one once after I saw it fly in courtesy the Confederate Air Force. It was breat time at work and the airport was essentially next door and I involuntary stood up in respect as it circled. I knew that silhouette like the back of my hand. Man what an awesome sound of the four heavy engines.

"If it isn't Boeing I ain't going."

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
As a young boy, I saw a flight for four B52's in a diamond formation fly over our farm at less that thousand feet...wow...that memory pushed me to get my pilots license later in life.

Many trips to Oshkosh too!

Ken

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
That sounds cool too. There's a B52 in Duxford which I see often :)D), there's a story saying it landed for an airshow, but then they realised the runway was too short for it to take off again... Not sure how true that is, but it makes for a funny story. :D

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
That sounds cool too. There's a B52 in Duxford which I see often :)D), there's a story saying it landed for an airshow, but then they realised the runway was too short for it to take off again... Not sure how true that is, but it makes for a funny story. :D
Those things don't need runways - no big turbofan, just pure, raw jet power!

Go watch Dr. Strangelove again, great B52 scenes.