GOOGLE > Dear User , Relates to Data mining, big brother, etc....

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I got a email from google yesterday starting off saying,

"Dear Google user,

We're getting rid of over 60 different privacy policies across Google and replacing them with one that's a lot shorter and easier to read. Our new policy covers multiple products and features, reflecting our desire to create one beautifully simple and intuitive experience across Google.

We believe this stuff matters, so please take a few minutes to read our updated Privacy Policy and Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/policies. These changes will take effect on March 1, 2012."

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
and thats how its done ladies and gentlemen. You may miss that bank statement that said your signed up for this unless you opt out. Many times that happens and they don't even tell you, you have the option to opt out. In this digital world data will be king! Who ever has the best user lists and market info the more powerful you will become. Eventually the retail store as we know it might be gone.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I've been seeing the little policy note when doing Google search for the past few days, it is gone now. I do not feel like using Google anymore...feels like 1984

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm pretty sure NSA has a foot, if not an office, in Google's door.

Cash is king, stay away from twitter and facebook, no use volunteering your life information if somebody is looking for it.

The banks have been pushing/shifting away from cash and checks as well. Trying to get everybody to use debit cards so spending is more easily tracked.

Data mining has been a cash cow since the dotcom bubble, and with the amount of storage and speed of clusters today, somebody interested can track a user through an entire year of activity on the net. :eek:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Was watching a promo on NSA yesterday and they said they collect 7-8 times the library of congress every day in terms of text messages, phone calls, and other data.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Was watching a promo on NSA yesterday and they said they collect 7-8 times the library of congress every day in terms of text messages, phone calls, and other data.
I can believe it.

Then they have computers go through the data for flags.

So never send a message like sillyness removed pre-emptively.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You just did. Part of the problem is data storage is cheap. That is not going away. We need to teach out kids that just because it seems cool they need not to say everything they think online, it is forever.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
If you opt out your A.A.C. information and your acess to the internet would

be gone.Any thing with your name may disappear from the web control by google.

The rest will follow YaHoo,Face Book,Twitter some one take the time to read it.

That was the take I heard. You may give up all your rights to any Information

on the Internet.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What about the March,1,2012 google wanting every one to sign up again for

new rules.How will that affect forum members if at all.Any information will be

helpful.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Loosie, there is offtopic, but this is too much. I 'll move this in the appropriate thread.

I read the new Google policy. It pretty much says that they won't do anything with our info, but they can do anything with them.
Very hazy and generic.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If a content provider says they will erase your personal information they are lying. It costs more to delete information than it does to ignore it.

Then there are the backups. Those are pretty automatic.

We have had people who wanted to delete their information from this site. Good luck with that! The moderators don't have that kind of power, we can ban people, but that is it. What I said about backups also applies. This is one of the most innocuous sites out there, we don't sell information, we don't give it away, we don't take advertising so there is no financial incentive to change these policies. But digital is forever folks, count on it.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for all your help,Georacer some times I miss out on post.

I need to be reminded,The Great Loosewire is not always great.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Forever is a long time.

This is like a time capsule.

We'll all be dust, but what we have written, are writing and will write will sit there. Forever.

And a lone user will one day by pure chance come across this very post in the far future and will read this when I am gone. My words. Your words.

Forever.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I read a SciFi story a while back, where modern people were recruited by people from the future for certain jobs. They couldn't use people from their time because of civil rights, while (from their point of view) we had none. Their recruitment was 100% on track, they really did know all about us from their archives. They knew exactly who we were and what our abilities were.