Good source (UK?) for Graphics LCD

coldpenguin

Joined Apr 18, 2010
Not sure this is the best place in the forums, but none of the others seemed to be better.
I recently got stung buying some graphics LCDs from Ebay. They don't work, seller can't supply a datasheet for them (well, the one they supplied is for a different item).
Can anyone recommend a good seller/place I can buy some from. This is a hobby so cheap would be a bonus.
I was looking for several (say 3-5, as I am getting fed up of running out of components and waiting weeks for them, this project requires 2), graphics LCDs, although mainly it will be text I am displaying, I would like to get 8 rows, of 15-20 characters (just about squeezed onto my other project).

So I was looking for 128x64 Pixels, colour not that important (I guess white/black/blue preferred). However, will not be wall mounted, so consider use at arm's reach, i.e. backlight and size of the ones I have already is around 9cmx5cm, (i..e not really interested in the micro ones at 5cmx3cm).

Larger is not a problem, I did consider 256x64 at one point.
Current modules I have running on other projects are KS0108 'compatibles', so it would be nice if they were the same controller as I can use 'known working' code for testing (changing/inverting RS/RW/DI/CS is not a liikely item to break code).
Alternatively I guess if there is a GOOD library for C18, then it might be worthwhile the switch if sourcing components is that much easier.

coldpenguin

Joined Apr 18, 2010
Thanks, they look like a half-decent site.
Bit galling paying twice the price, but what is the use of paying cheaply for something that doesn't work!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Thanks, they look like a half-decent site.
Bit galling paying twice the price, but what is the use of paying cheaply for something that doesn't work!
Oh I hear that my friend. I've got some parts from China thru EBay but the most exotic thing were some alphanumeric LCD displays. Mostly I use them for breadboard PCB and IC adapters.

I keep looking as the prices are too good too ignore.