Going under the knife...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'll be seeing a surgeon early in the morning to have a personal plumbing problem fixed. Even when I am out they expect I will be pretty drugged up for a while, about a week or so. So while I will be here when I can, you may see some pretty loopy posting, or worse. No worries, I will be back to my old self in no time.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
I wish you a rapid recovery, Bill. Having been operated on for similar reasons about a year ago, for prostate enlargement in my case, I know all too well that the time of greatest uncertainty and worry is prior to the actual operation, so just relax as best you can and rest assured that these procedures are carried out routinely and with skillful precision every day.

I was up many a night before my operation, nursing my worst fears that I could wind up incontinent or unable to, ahem, perform, but none of those worst case scenarios materialized, and I wound up wishing I had gone ahead and carried out the needed corrections years ago.

May I wish you a merry Xmas in advance, and many, many more new years to come.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Modern anesthesia is incredible. The last time I did something like this, I was saying something like, "Do a good job, guys. Ow! Why does that hurt? Because I'm waking up!"

Someone compared it to a time machine, and I agree. The nightmares of ether are far in the past. Still, there is always a hangover. I can usually be functional in about 12 hours and sane in about 36 hours. It's that middle 24 hours when you do loopy things.:D

Good luck.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Hope you heal pronto, Bill.

Modern anesthesia is great.

A lot better than chomping on a bullet, and drinking a quart of whiskey.;)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'll be seeing a surgeon early in the morning to have a personal plumbing problem fixed. Even when I am out they expect I will be pretty drugged up for a while, about a week or so. So while I will be here when I can, you may see some pretty loopy posting, or worse. No worries, I will be back to my old self in no time.
Since we will be losing a top moderator, we will have to implement the solution David Letterman came up with when the government shut down:

"The NSA said that they will have to shut down and they are asking citizens to help out by spying on each other until they can resume operations.":D

We will have to moderate each other.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Good luck on the surgery. I have a backlog of things on my old body that need fixing but I haven't had any major surgery yet.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, things did not go as well as hoped, so I am back under (probably next Thursday) for a less traumatic redo. I'll still be down and out for about a week, as a guess.