GLCD oscilloscope programming

alarassi

Joined Feb 6, 2010
Hello everyone
I’m doing a phonocardiogram (heart sound) project! I finished the acquisition circuit of the system but now I I want to feed the output of the circuit to ADC of a PIC and then program it to display the signal on GLCD!
My output value of the circuit will be in the range of 0-5V and the reference voltage will be around 2.3V! now I want to convert the signal by ADC and then program it so that it can be displayed on GLCD!
I’m very new in programming field and still learning and really need your help! I prefer using C language since I have basic idea about it!
The signal I want to display is heart sound signal (attached is a graph of heart sound signal from oscilloscope)
Can u pls tell me how should I start? Or can u guide me to some good source code examples so that I can follow and learn from it?

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Unless there are very low frequency elements, you may be able to feed the signal into a sound card for the conversion. 16 bits is considerably more than a PIC can manage. If resolution is a factor, 8 or 10 bits is not very precise.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
This is a very adventurous first project. I'd recommend starting simple before diving into this one.
Once you have got the hang of things, the best thing to do is find a project with source of someone who has worked with the same GLDC that you plan to use and go from there.