giving the vref on l297

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by kaushal patel, Apr 10, 2012.

  1. kaushal patel

    Thread Starter New Member

    Oct 12, 2011
    i would like to give VREF voltage on l297 with the use of pwm. so is it possible or not?
  2. StayatHomeElectronics

    Well-Known Member

    Sep 25, 2008
    You can generate an analog voltage from a pwm signal by applying a low pass filter to the output. Look at Microchip's application note "AN538: Using PWM to Generate Analog Output" for more details. You will need to determine if it is stable enough to be used as a Vref signal in your application.
    kaushal patel likes this.