Giving Thanks for the participitation of those on this site

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Hi all, This is probably not the location for this post but I feel the need to, after joining another site with dismal responses, give mega thanks to all who enhabit this forum and assist and answer posts of those who ask questions. Thanks Again

Fred.:)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well well well.

"Oh, lemme check this forum, and that forum. Oh that 18 year old forum looks good, ill join that one."

You thought I would just sit here and wait while you went sowing your wild oats. You got another thing coming. I WANT A DIVORCE! AND I WANT IT NOW!

Just kidding. Its true, we are the bees knees. ;)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
When I was in the 5th grade, I read George Adamski's "Inside the Flying Saucers". It sounded purely silly then. It still does. No reason at all to imagine there are secret visitations from any alien civilizations.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I only believe in space craft to expand my imagination. Usually for writing sci-fi.

I didn't originally believe, but after spending so much time and brain power on the subject, I have come to believe it.

Its kind of like if you lie to yourself long enough, or tell yourself something long enough, eventually you will believe it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
so the unconscious mind takes over, believe in things that you do not see.
There is hope for you yet, my young peduan

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Ah, but I HAVE seen things that are as the letters emply; Unidentified Flying Object. People assume that it means 'aliens'. I do not see it as such, just as something that can not be identified.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I was raised an Air Force brat, so UFOs are pretty much part of my vocabulary. I still am amazed how many people truly don't understand what the acronym means. I am not a believer, though I believe it is possible. I've seen some odd things that I can't explain, but I'm not going to force an explanation without any facts. Like the time we were looking at a fast moving dot in the sky that made a 90° turn. We lived in the country in eastern Oklahoma. Another night we had a B52 clear our TV antenna by less than 50 feet, obviously flying nape of the earth on practice. That sucker was huge and easy to identify.

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
I guess there are many people who NEED and answer for everything. When they experience something that has no answer, they make one up out of as much logic they can muster. I too have seen the 'star/meteor' make a 90˚ turn then fade away, though the one I witnessed appeared to be cruising, from my perspective. It for sure was hauling arse in space.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
These people are called scientists.

The other people are just customers. (You can sell them anything)
I disagree with that somewhat, good scientists propose hypothesis, then look for conflicts with reality. When one occurs, they have to be willing to discard that hypothesis. Good scientists don't lay down theory as fact, then defend it without cause. A lot of UFO believers are true believers, with them it is like a religion.