give someone money for obtaining chip

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Hi guys,

I have an offer. I REALLY REALLY need 4 Ramtron FRAM parallel 1808 chips. I could get them over free samples but they have not got back to me. So, i will give someone money if that person can obtain 4 free samples and send them to me :) (the money is just the cost of sending it and a little more for your troubles).

I could buy them from farnell at £6.25 each, ha, no thanks!

PS, there is a bonus if you can give me a supplyer who sells 4044's cheap (less than £0.40).

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Those are no ordenairy chips.
Features
256Kbit Ferroelectric Nonvolatile RAM
• Organized as 32,768 x 8 bits
• High Endurance 1 Trillion (1012) Read/Writes
• 45 year Data Retention
• NoDelay™ Writes
• Advanced High-Reliability Ferroelectric Process
Superior to BBSRAM Modules
• No Battery Concerns
• Monolithic Reliability
• True Surface Mount Solution, No Rework Steps
• Superior for Moisture, Shock, and Vibration
• Resistant to Negative Voltage Undershoots
They will have a price as you say.

Greetings,
Bertus

Attachments

eng1ne

Joined Dec 4, 2009
Good luck in your quest! I think you will struggle... I have difficulty getting samples of 20p parts even with great justification in a business environment!

How much do you REALLY REALLY need them? You might have to pay for them if you are that desperate!

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Well, i cant afford it becuase the money i have needs to go to other stuff like logic devices and strip boards. I need them like YOU CANT BELIVE!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You didn't answer my question as to location. Given your request it pertains I would think. Before others can help you you must first help yourself.

Poetry is all well and good, but real information is better. :D

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Is there some overriding reason for that particular memory? There is also a more conventional static ram that might serve as well, plus be more available.

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
1) The offer is to get them, no questions asked
2) I have already made the proto board for it

Sorry for sounding rude, but I hate being questioned

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Didn't they just upgrade the space shuttle to these? IIRC, it had the wire and core memory panels, and that was replaced, unsure with the above FRAM, or with solid state.