Getting Rid Of "Powelikes" Trojan On A Smart Phone

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
There is a well known trojan going around called "Powelikes" and it got into my computer. It seems top be a sophisticated intrusion capable of extracting information from a computer or smart phone and transmitting it to the perpetrators.

I was able to get it out of my computer using Norton Antivirus. However Norton doesn't have antivirus for my Windows smartphone (a Nokia Lumina 925). So how do I protect my phone from this potential menace?

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
There is a well known trojan going around called "Powelikes" and it got into my computer. It seems top be a sophisticated intrusion capable of extracting information from a computer or smart phone and transmitting it to the perpetrators.

I was able to get it out of my computer using Norton Antivirus. However Norton doesn't have antivirus for my Windows smartphone (a Nokia Lumina 925). So how do I protect my phone from this potential menace?
According to a Microsoft MVP at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...or-nokia/e95fce97-3c9c-46c9-b679-c3017b59aa0a, Windows phones can't get viruses so they don't need antivirus apps. That would explain why Norton and other antivirus companies stopped updating their Windows Phone apps.
Reset to factory default?
I don't think that's what the OP wants to do. The trojan isn't actually on his phone; he just wanted to know how to protect his phone from it since it had gotten on his PC.