General or sumarize a MUX 2-1 only using NAND gate

emily9x

Joined Mar 12, 2013
Hey everyone! Please guide or give me some instruct how to general or sumarize a MUX 2-1 only using NAND gate, thank very much, I have try as follow:
S = NAND.E0) + NAND or S = NAND + NAND.E1) or S = NAND[(NOT.E0) . (C.E1)] or S = NAND[(C.E0) . (NOTE1)], I do it true or false, Please give me some advice

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What do you mean "generalize or sumarize"? Do you mean show that a 2:1 MUX can be implemented using just 2-input NAND gates?

I can't follow your notation. I don't know what NAND.E0) means, let alone any of the rest of it.

Please present your best effort at a solution in a more clear and well laid out format.

emily9x

Joined Mar 12, 2013
oh you can imagine generalize or sumarize is create 2:1 MUX only using NAND gate ?
Who know? I need some opinion, please

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Have you created the truth table for your 2:1 MUX? It should have 3 inputs namely A, B and Select and one output Q.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
oh you can imagine generalize or sumarize is create 2:1 MUX only using NAND gate ?
Since we do not do your homework for you, it is important for us to understand what it is you are doing and whether or not you are doing it right, so that we might help guide you toward understanding how to do the problem.

We look at your methodology and help you understand where you may have gone wrong.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't know if that is what you mean or not, which is why I asked you to clarify, which you haven't.

I also said that I can't follow your notation and asked you to clarify, which you haven't. I haven't a clue what you mean by NAND.E0) or what you mean by all of the "or" terms in your expression.

My opinion is that you need to show your best attempt at a solution so that we can, if nothing else, figure out what it is that you are trying to do based on what it is you are doing. We are not mind readers.

Remember, this is YOUR homework that you are asking a bunch of strangers to spend their time to help you with. The burden is on YOU to make them willing to do so by being clear in your description of what you are trying to do and by showing YOUR efforts at a solution. Do that, and folks here will bend over backwards to help.