GE site pro UPS K6 opening failure??

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
On the GE site pro UPS I have often coming K6 opening failure alarm!
Does anybody had same experience??

Thanks!
More details please!

Are you seeing the K6 failures in the log or have you been there when it happened?
Can it be due to wrong manipulation of Q2? Are there more than one UPS of the same model? Does it happen to all of them? What load is connected? Does it vary? Are there high peaks of loads, turning on motors etc? Is mains failing often?
If you see them in the log are there any other failures/messages that can be related to the K6 failure?

etc.

A manual of the actual model would help too. I found this but I'm not sure that it's the right one.

truthdontlie

Joined Feb 12, 2013
The alarm is coming periodically and thus coming often..maybe 5-10 times per day!I can see it in the log..and as manual describes: contactor K6 remain energized despite opening command from control board...
To me is not clear why should contactor K6 get open while all the time needs to be energized due to automatic bypass function!
Load and all parameters are in range..basically very low consumption of ships essential users!
BTW...it s only one UPS..no paralel operation!
In reference manual there is no detailed troubleshooting neither detailed operations!

Thanks for help!