Gate turner

Pjmedrano

Joined Jun 30, 2013
HI guys... i need some "HELP" about this project, as u can see in the pictures attached, im having trouble in turning the pipe inside when the solenoid lock opens. in the pictures there is no solenoid lock that has been attach yet.. what i want is to turn the pipe whenever the solenoid lock opens or released...

Can you give me some ideas how?

Thank You.^_^

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I read it as a standard auto turnstile, that cannot turn until "the solenoid lock opens".

What it needs is a "cam" disc, with 3 detents (slots). A spring forces the solenoid plunger to press into any slot and lock it. When the solenoid is powered, it pulls back the plunger and the disc can turn.

You might also want to put a sprung ratchet arm on the disc, so it can only turn one way? Or will it turn both ways to let people in and out?

Pjmedrano

Joined Jun 30, 2013
hello sir RB. thank you so much for the idea, although i find it hard to imagine where should i place the cam or disc. is it in the turnstile? or in the pipe?

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
HI guys... i need some "HELP" about this project, as u can see in the pictures attached, im having trouble in turning the pipe inside when the solenoid lock opens. in the pictures there is no solenoid lock that has been attach yet.. what i want is to turn the pipe whenever the solenoid lock opens or released...

Can you give me some ideas how?

Thank You.^_^

Your project uses some pretty heavy duty pillow block bearings, what is the shaft diameter?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
hello sir RB. thank you so much for the idea, although i find it hard to imagine where should i place the cam or disc. is it in the turnstile? or in the pipe?
For strength and reliability, the cam disc should be large in diameter (like > 100mm).

Leverage forces on the cam would be the force the person can make on the turnstile "arm", multiplied by this formula;
cam force = (arm force * arm diameter) / cam diameter
so you can see the cam disc needs to be large, and strong.

A normal place to put the cam disc would be on the far end of the shaft, inside the main turnstile box.