Gate controller modem interface (?)

flash bang

Joined Jun 10, 2014
Hello,

My first post, hoping to save some money!

Problem: Intercom/automatic gates (Telguard system) entrance to flats is not working; can open gates with phone but now when you call the number it just rings out (normally answers, you press 'hash' and gates open).

Local company have quoted £2400 to replace system.

I've looked and found a secondary pcb, with lots of corrosion on tracks, which i guess is some kind of interface. Picture below.

Does anyone recognise pcb / problem please?

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
looks like a standard UK telephone socket, line connects to terminals 2-5, and ringer connects to 3-5, possibly terminal 3 is faulty or broken.

flash bang

Joined Jun 10, 2014
looks like a standard UK telephone socket, line connects to terminals 2-5, and ringer connects to 3-5, possibly terminal 3 is faulty or broken.
Thanks gents - yes, it's a standard uk master telephone socket mounted on pcb (found it on google image search & got new one from screwfix).

I've replaced it and now telephone line is operating correctly (i.e. it answers), but the gates still don't open via remote key ('hash' key on telephone). I'll check some more & get on to Telguard in the morning and keep you posted on my success (or not).