Galvanically Isolated MOSFET/IGBT Gate Drive (2)

Tracy2022

Joined Nov 22, 2023
This thread was created by a moderator from this one in accordance with AAC rules concerning necroposting and hijacking. If you have any questions please contact a moderator.

So are you saying you already have a board and need a replacement transformer?? If so which schematic?
I have replaced the primary circuit with Totem pole BJT (PNP-NPN). It's Pspice simulation model waveforms match the Actual PCB waveforms. However, unable to achieve square shape wave form in the secondary side (both for Pspice Simulation and the actual PCB). What to do now to achieve square shape in secondary side waveforms?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracy2022

Joined Nov 22, 2023
Another legacy post.
The legacy post started with a good question (directly with what i am doing), but ended with no clear solution. I see similar legacy posts but no clear answer. I searched on web and got all wrong answers (all were mainly IC based drivers with isolation transformer). I worked on problem without IC driver and achieved the solution. Now i am working to optimize the isolated secondary gate drive waveforms. The solution achieves a simpler design, circuit equations in Blockpad, Pspice models which match PCB circuit and way way cheaper solution than suggested by App engineers of ton of vendors. The solution is from very old power electronics by Keith Billings, Pressman and some others.

Tracy2022

Joined Nov 22, 2023
The legacy post started with a good question (directly with what i am doing), but ended with no clear solution. I see similar legacy posts but no clear answer. I searched on web and got all wrong answers (all were mainly IC based drivers with isolation transformer). I worked on problem without IC driver and achieved the solution. Now i am working to optimize the isolated secondary gate drive waveforms. The solution achieves a simpler design, circuit equations in Blockpad, Pspice models which match PCB circuit and way way cheaper solution than suggested by App engineers of ton of vendors. The solution is from very old power electronics by Keith Billings, Pressman and some others.
The circuit originally appears here. The author in very brief points explains the goodness of circuitry. How to connect with the knowledgeable author of this article?
Gate Drive Transformer Circuit Maintains Fast Turn-Off Time (radiolocman.com)