Future of AHCA? (U.S.A. American Healthcare Act)

Will new version of the AHCA pass the senate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
You don't pay much attention to government do you? Or does the "big government" only apply to helping the 'little guy' not the rich and corporations? Really look into where 'big government' starts.
And again, I assert that NEITHER Liberals nor Conservatives have the "little guy's" interests at heart -- That'd require Democrats and Republicans!:)

Very best regards
HP

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Your question would seem to offer a study in classic anthropology?...

It seems humans are at their worst in 'numbers' in that they (albeit with many, many exceptions) tend to 'cede' their morality (and, hence, conscience, sense of responsibility/culpability -indeed even guilt- for their actions) to the 'mob', as it were... Add to this shameful proclivity the 'distance' provided by the many levels of abstraction intervening 'care' and 'administration' and there it is...:(

So... cynical tho it may sound -- The reply to your question:
Because they can:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very Best regards
HP
So, if I understand you correctly, what you are saying is "the whole system is corrupt?":)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
But really, any ideas on how it might be fixed?

DIY hacker space for medicine:

1) Make your own medications in a home lab.

2) Learn surgery by watching YouTube videos then practice on friends and family (heck real surgeons still "practice" - I don't know when they do anything for real).

3) use the local "Chinese Massage" center instead of a licensed physical therapist. Way more fun.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Don't you think it's more like covetousness.
Not by the 'rules' as you've presented them;) -- Clearly, dysfunction of the whole is always down to idiocy! ---- And that, kids, is the downside of cynicism!;)

I looked that one up.
You looked what up?:confused: @ronv if you're privy to a resource unequivocally descriptive of 'the problem' and it's solution{s} I'm certain we'd all like to have a 'gander'!:cool:

But really, any ideas on how it might be fixed?
Indeed! - Restore a service-centered profit paradigm via dissolution of [health care] 'conglomerates', etc... 'Administrative bloat' is always inflationary and only seldom (if ever) in the best interests of the clients (CIP 'patients')... That said, inasmuch as 'shakeups' are necessarily (albeit transiently) disruptive to service, such would needs be accomplished with no small degree of care -- I'm just old enough to recall the pandemonium immediately attending AT&T's divestiture:eek:

1) Make your own medications in a home lab.
2) Learn surgery by watching YouTube videos then practice on friends and family (heck real surgeons still "practice" - I don't know when they do anything for real).
3) use the local "Chinese Massage" center instead of a licensed physical therapist. Way more fun.
Yebut: (1) drug 'kitchens', (2) mayhem and self mutilation (intentional and otherwise) and (3) prostitution have long been thriving American 'pastimes' - sans remediation of the 'healthcare system':confused::(:D

Best regards
HP:cool:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
@Hypatia's Protege Ted Kennedy did alot of work on NCLB.

ACA ... it was passed without any R votes and without being read. I'm laughing at the D's who complained about the same issue the R's did not too long ago.

The U.S. government already has a single payer system. It's call the VA. How's that healthcare working out? Maybe the Government can conscript a slew of doctors to run a national healthcare. Yeah, that will work ... NOT.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Yebut: (1) drug 'kitchens', (2) mayhem and self mutilation (intentional and otherwise) and (3) prostitution have long been thriving American 'pastimes' - sans remediation of the 'healthcare system':confused::(:D

Best regards
HP:cool:
Yebut, the TV repair shops used to advertise risk if fire and electrocution if you attempt to change your own tubes to discourage DIY - now you are playing the same game to discourage DIY medical procedures.

The DIY treatments cannot be any worse for one's health than seeing a medical "professional" - medical mistakes are the leading cause of unnatural death in the US.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
@Hypatia's Protege My brain is melting trying to understand tapless full wave CW circuit and you're on here having political squabbles:rolleyes: I like that, NOT:mad:!

The DIY treatments cannot be any worse for one's health than seeing a medical "professional" - medical mistakes are the leading cause of unnatural death in the US.
Gophert I say that's flawed logic cuz victims of medical errors are over-represented by ppl who are already sick and so in precarious condition anyhow! So that's like saying digitalis is bad on basis that most users eventually die from heart disease:rolleyes:

BTW TNX to everyone for participation on poll and thread:)!

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
ACA ... it was passed without any R votes and without being read. I'm laughing at the D's who complained about the same issue the R's did not too long ago.
And we can all see how much the conservatives learned from that, by doing the same thing. With the back round sticking point in health care legislation being women's health(defunding PP, etc) it's refreshing to see the senate committee having such a good representation of women in it.(not) Daddy state anybody?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
@Hypatia's Protege Ted Kennedy did alot of work on NCLB.

The U.S. government already has a single payer system. It's call the VA. How's that healthcare working out? Maybe the Government can conscript a slew of doctors to run a national healthcare. Yeah, that will work ... NOT.
Actually we have 2 single payer programs. The other is Medicare and it works good.
The VA problem is a good example of what happens when you go to war without funding it.
See if you can find any problem with it before 2003.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Yebut, the TV repair shops used to advertise risk if fire and electrocution if you attempt to change your own tubes to discourage DIY - now you are playing the same game to discourage DIY medical procedures.
I guess all those government mandated warning signs and danger signs are useless. Sure people can change their own tubes. Sure people can jump the fence and play chicken with the high tension lines.

With respect to safety ... the ass you save may be your own. Go right ahead and ignore all the warnings. Suicide by stupidity. We have another Darwin Awardee.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
And we can all see how much the conservatives learned from that, by doing the same thing. With the back round sticking point in health care legislation being women's health(defunding PP, etc) it's refreshing to see the senate committee having such a good representation of women in it.(not) Daddy state anybody?
The political theater has been gotcha for a long time. Chuck Schumer D-NY, current minority leader in the senate, is very partisan, and has been since his days as a representative. He is just like another New Yorker ... the one that sits in the White House.

The D's had control of the Congress for 52 plus consecutive years. The minority party, no matter the stripes, always opposes the majority party. It's been that way since the beginning, and even before the beginning, from the days of the Declaration of Independence.

The U.S.A., even when it wasn't the U.S.A, always had internal political conflicts. We are a collection of States. Of course, the civil war had denigrated that. The Tenth Amendment is useless these days.

It's a republic, if you can keep it.
---Ben Franklin

To Ben Franklin, it is eroding daily.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Actually we have 2 single payer programs.
You contributed to Medicare all your working life and still contribute via your Social Security. The government collected the funds and are redistributing your funds back to you.

Do you think social security isn't paid for by the workers and employers? Those two are specifically designated taxes, only the people are part of that ponzi scheme, because all funds go into the common treasury for those in power to decide on how to spend. Al Gore is the only one in the USA that thinks there is a locked box holding the social security funds for distribution.

Do you think the "gasoline tax" actually goes to it's intended destination?

Yep, our illustrious critters work hard for their money.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
You contributed to Medicare all your working life and still contribute via your Social Security. The government collected the funds and are redistributing your funds back to you.
So what?

Do you think social security isn't paid for by the workers and employers? Those two are specifically designated taxes, only the people are part of that ponzi scheme, because all funds go into the common treasury for those in power to decide on how to spend. Al Gore is the only one in the USA that thinks there is a locked box holding the social security funds for distribution.
It really doesn't matter if they borrow the money from you or from China does it?

Do you think the "gasoline tax" actually goes to it's intended destination?
I have no idea. Does it go to the VA? Or is this the beginning of another topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.