Fuse monitor enhancement

OU812B4

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Hello all..
I have a simple LED monitor for a small heater/fuse circuit I've got but want to add some extra functionality that I'm not sure how to accomplish and could use your help.. My friend said this forum is great for that..
I'm hoping that some simple combination of transistors/capacitors/resistors can be used to keep it simple for me to build.
So..
In the attached circuit I want to be able to disable the red LED if needed..
Sometimes I want to remove the fuse or the fuse blows and the power supply stays on but I don't want to see the red LED and need a way to temporarily disable it..
I thought it would be neat if I could somehow insert the good fuse and if I removed it within 5 seconds or something the red LED wouldn't turn on.
If I put the fuse back in and left it for longer than some time period then it would function as normal and if the fuse blows I see the red LED again..
Can anyone show me how I could do that? thanks
Heater.PNG

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
I got an idea with a thyristor or similar function, where you turn off the red LED until a new fuse is inserted.

The following schematic should only be seen as a function description. I have not attempted to find an appropriate low-power thyristor, with appropriate on-voltage and holding current etc.

HeaterLed_1.jpg

OU812B4

Joined Aug 3, 2018
Thanks.. I was afraid that my late friday post wouldn't get lost and ignored..
I was running across SCR latching circuits this weekend trying to find one that I understood how to incorporate into this..
I'm hoping that the insertion of the fuse itself is the only "switch" needed for whatever solution is identified..

I was also running into "flip flop" circuits but couldn't see how to turn one into exactly what I needed..