furniture expense ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I have classified furniture into 5 main categories based on what a human 99% of what a human does in his living quarters.

These are
1) sitting ...examples you have different types of chairs , sofas , ...etc
2) sleeping/lying ...examples you have different types of bed , water , canopy ,hammock,...etc
3) storage ...examples you have different types of bins , chests , cabinets , trunks , dressors , Filing cabinet,safe ... etc
4) set/surfaces ...examples you have different types of shelfs , tables , night stands , entertainment stands, desks, work benches, ...etc
5) eating/digesting/cleaning/climate control ...examples shower, sink ,tub , washer , dryer , oven ,dish washer, toilet , microwave , heating , air conditioning/central air, ...etc

My question is I am trying to find out on average how much the total expenses for furniture is for your living quarters. I am trying to get a min / average/max amount of money needed to buy the furniture for a persons living quarters in different locations of the world (home or apartment or others... in the case of an apartment 5 may already be mostly there for you )

I have a rough estimate on these figures for different types of furniture that I would buy sort of a range but want to see your figures to see if I am in the ball park with everybody else or if it really differs in price where you are located... though with todays transportation I wouldn't imagine the prices needing to be much different other then the hand made factors.

Thanks for your reply's.

Analyzing the 5 categories

In my eyes if one couldn't get all the furniture he needs the vital subset of the list in my opinon is 2 and 5 ... i.e a great big bed and the 5) -->eating/digesting/cleaning/climate control ...examples shower, sink ,tub , washer , dryer , oven ,dish washer, toilet , microwave , heating , air conditioning/central air, ...etc . "Those are essentially the only thing that effects a persons health in there houses anyway other then personal disgust of the interior look of the living quarters"

not having 3) and 4) are more for cosmetics/the look not effecting the actual humans health or comfort. (just the items will be on the floor and you have to think what items you will need to store or place at this point anyway...probably only food appliances/books)
not having 1) is only a minor in convince in my eyes since a bed can be used for a seat. Though normally a plastic chair and a cushion cost $40 or less so that is really not an issue at some level for having 1.

Last edited:

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
ya, girlfriend would be nice though I debate how much a pain she would be and weather I would just be using her ... long term if there was something in common it may work and would be into considering. Short term it may work if we where using each other and knew up front the pretenses "and privacy" . For short term they have to be extremely attractive
something along the lines of say http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...dex=sns-50-most-beautiful-celebs-pictures-046
, not diseasey , no chance of babies. i.e no man repellent

like them easy not diseasey with no man repellent to start
for long term maybe I would be able to reduce the beauty factor for the caring/common interest factors. Though I know I am still shallow when it comes to looks... and I to know I am an A-hole for it because I think women should be create equal but I am just not visually attracted to most partly because they look like this http://barbarasangels.com/476/blog/476

Not to put kids down though I don't think I want that responsibility and I know I don't want it in short term future. The only possibility I would imagine is if I made a ton of money that way I could give the kid anything he/she need , teach them right from wrong, or a good believe system, and care for them provided the mother wasn't a douse bag/cared as much. Though I have my own phobias with all this and this is best the known universe in me saying yes to kids... simple put I have definitely no desire to raise them right now.

Sometimes I wonder if the basic need wasn't compelling me to them would I even want them... though eye candy...etc still compels me to though. I go back in forth because I don't want a 20 year old marriage that she is a controlling fat / ugly bitch , also don't want to get divorced go thru the headache of all that crap. So maybe short terms is what I need for the short term until I can figure out what weighs more with a women in my eyes once I have had experience with them.....

list goes on but... the underlying thing is I think eventually I am going to have to holler at the hot honeys again.

And please lets not talk anymore about the above since right now this is second to figuring out what I enjoy enough to make a good living support myself and anybody I want to as well /clear up my phobia's/ and social skills/style.

But forget all that no body here has posted answer to my question what there apartment/home interior items/ furniture is costing in total ... trying to get an min,avg,max based on location,living sizes in the US.
Even up to here about outside the US costs just for kicks.

If I take each individual peace of furnitures min, avg , max price that I get buy googling and total it up how accurate is it to your total furniture prices that is the question. Taking into sizes and location....etc so you will have to not only tell me the price but also location,size of place,and number of items of each with in reason.

Thank you for your replies

Essentially once I get the calculations down I will beable to approximate better how much money I would need to get the total amount of furniture/interior valuables normally based on the sizes / location of the apartment/home I rent/buy. This directly also allows me to calculate the time it will take to make the amount of money to fully pay for my furniture on min, avg , and max durations ( going by how much I earn a week with never going into already earned money no matter where I move to.)

Though these factors could all change based on economic changes and time though it would be nice to go thru and calculate it for 2012/2013/2014 ish era's ... I know summer /winter months have an effect on how much the rent will cost in certain areas though I am curious if furniture changes this drastically and if so what are its trends.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
When I was on my own I had a big (27inch TV), great stereo system,
comfortable recliner, large couch, king-size waterbed (required)
appliances supplied, laundry in the basement.

No need for extraneous decorations.

Don't spend a lot of money on extra furnishings. When you get a significant other, they wouldn't like it any-way. :D:rolleyes:

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"I go back in forth because I don't want a 20 year old marriage that she is a controlling fat / ugly bitch , also don't want to get divorced go thru the headache of all that crap."

Are you being serious?

You think that those beauties stay that way after a few years?:confused: 20 years?

What are YOU going to look like?:eek:

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
"I go back in forth because I don't want a 20 year old marriage that she is a controlling fat / ugly bitch , also don't want to get divorced go thru the headache of all that crap."

Are you being serious?

You think that those beauties stay that way after a few years?:confused: 20 years?

What are YOU going to look like?:eek:
.... I missed this.... :confused:

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Well I would settle for somebody that looks top ten in my eyes for a 10 or 20 years. Obviously everybody grows old but when they do there are people like Sophia Loren and others that are beautiful for there age. Because they take care of them selves and don't stuff there face full of cake /****. Know how to improve themselves ...etc.

I wish I didn't have this desire if I could remove the part of my brain for sexual desire then I would definitely do it since women have the upper hand because they hold one of the basic needs. So I am forever a prisoner to it.

As well I recognizes the fact that some of the most beautiful people are the biggest A-holes . And some of the ugliest people are the nices and I would feel sorry if a beauty bitch was put in front of those people. Because other then my visual beauty problem ... I recognize the fact that a persons other qualities logically should be weighed more important/weight more heavily (after all visual qualities don't really affect a persons health as much as being happy or cared for ... this is coming from a purely selfish point of view of courses ). Though maybe my problem is I am only wanting a girl friend to satisfy my needs or curiosities and as such only visual attraction would ever really come into play until I really truly begin to break thru my fear of social phobias and actual start to get to know the person although I don't think I can do this with out first satisfying my curiosity/visual attractiveness first.
I would go out and have fun (non-sexual) with a less attractive person and I wish I didn't have these fixations on beauty I for see myself being old,ugly,lonely,unhappy because of this issues and social phobias. (I am working to correct this but the only true way is to actually go with the beauty queens until all my fantasies/learning are meet then drop them if they are not the total package... the bottle neck on this is my social fears to actually get them to do what I need done, as well as fear of getting germs/babies popping out :) as well as fear of what they think of me until I know I am great...etc issues)

Though I have to ask for your wifes/girlfriends you must have been somewhat physically attracted to one another ? How did you know she was the right person or should be given a chances, do you still find her attractive physically wise, did the physical beauty factor eventually clear away completely...if so how did you know she was the only one or right one...etc

But forgetting all that for a moment ... getting back to the main question what would you say is your total cost , location , size of places? Please I need a lot of this info since I need to do the math ... it is going to effect my moving process/methodology if need be.
After this step the last step is just to study geography/culture/sociology to figure out what place I would want to live , tolerate to live in based on climate, fun, people, population sizes, scenery ...etc.

That and the fact of always being able to find a reasonable apartment place in these area's fast and efficient ... clears up the moving issues that holds me back from doing the move if need be. That and the fact of not being able to find a better apartment or be able to come back to the same location/apartment.

The working issues and making new friend/relationships near my new location would be another issue that is hard for me to clear up. Currently this eludes me on how to solve these issue... though again if I solve every issue in this post I would believe I probably would stumble on true happiness or at least determine I probably won't find it.

Obviously my old friends I will miss and still keep in touch nothing will replace them and my family. Though if I was moving it would be pointless to move to a place where I have no friends

So nervous

Last edited:

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
If you are looking for a '10', try looking for a '4' with a 6-pack.
lets try 10 with 6 pack remove the beauty queen self centered inner bitch mindset and add a caring/good hearted element to her then we have a winner. Don't want her stupid but she doesn't have to be Einstein I have got that covered already a little bit.

who said I was looking ... well maybe passively here and there when the rare time I see a 10.

Another thing remind me why I have to peruse the women in my eyes it should be the other way around. But then of course women like the ugly confident man because it makes them feel more safe plus more attractive then they really are.

People usually take the path of least resistance I am no different except I am smart in doing so.

Again nobody has answered the main question of the thread furniture expenses...??? Please

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
No women haters allowed ,women are the greatest things that ever walked the

earth. Women have an inter beauty that can't easily be explained ,but they can be

protected from hate. Ugly free speech is not easy to hear ,this is my free

opinion on the matter. I still see the post of the China Dancing girl in my head.

Mr.Chips art postings were accepted as great viewings. I'm just trying to see

the ocean water from above the Cliffs and all the beauty in the world.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Speaking of level ,I looked at the horizon on my picture..at a distance...a different

perspective. You can see the waves at a different angle ,a larger view of the ocean.