Functions implementation with MUX

wire

Joined Dec 18, 2011
Guys I need to implement a MUX which can implement the following operations.

I have to implement 4 operations.
ADDITION ......5 OUTPUTS
SHIFT Register.......4 outputs
Comparator..........3 outputs
Multiplier ............8 outputs

I need to know how can design a mux or some thing else ...that implements a function only when the selection the selection line is chosen.The problem is that I need various outputs ....depending on operation.Please help.DNT HAVE MUCH TIME.

wire

Joined Dec 18, 2011
THANKS BUT THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM. I need to implement a MUX which can implement the following operations.

I have to implement 4 operations.
ADDITION ......5 OUTPUTS
SHIFT Register.......4 outputs
Comparator..........3 outputs
Multiplier ............8 outputs

I need to know how can design a mux or some thing else ...that implements a function only when the selection the selection line is chosen.The problem is that I need various outputs ....depending on operation.Please help.DO NOT HAVE MUCH TIME.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is this supposed to be done using discrete logic ICs, a microcontroller, FPGA, or are you to design the IC masks to fabricate the chip?

What are the inputs?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@wire

Please don't post the same question in more than one threads. It leads to confusion and scattered answers.

Thank you.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
In another post of yours, you mention that you need an IC that does 8x8 bit multiplication. That result is up to 16 bits long.

In this post, you want a multiplier that has 8 outputs. Which is the correct specification?

Other than that, would you like to start, by making the effort to draw the block diagram of your ALU?