Function Generator

marims

Joined Jan 27, 2008
Hi Everyone

I am planning to build a PC Controlled Function Generator

Output Waveforms are : Square , Sine and Triangle

Output Voltage : 0 to 10V

Output Frequency : 1 MHZ

Can any one suggest me the Right controller and associated hardware requirements please.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi Everyone

I am planning to build a Function Generator (Primarily Square Wave), it is basically a variable voltage,
variable frequency Square wave Output with -10V to +10V and Max current of 5Amps.

Can any one suggest me the Right controller and associated hardware requirements please.
What kind of circuit do you think will source and sink that much current. Why do you need a square wave with that much power? Are you sure this is really a requirement? It sounds fishy?

marims

Joined Jan 27, 2008
Hi Papabravo

This is my first ever thread on any forum, I was a bit nervous while creating
the thread. I have corrected it. Your Suggestions are welcome.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
With an 8-bit R-2R network and a simple 16F84A, I managed to produce quite a good sinewave.

In fact, they are two sine generators fed by the same clock able to vary the phase against each other and of course frequency.

Still to solve is a constant output after the filter. Tried many things but no success.

marims

Joined Jan 27, 2008
Hi

Thanks for your response,

I have come across DDS waveform generator from Analog devices,the part number is AD9833,i am planning to build my generator using this progammable chip. my other requirements are

1) How to generate a arbirary waveforms, is a PSOC controller can be used ?
2) A good amplification circuitry with operating range of 0.5V to 10V with multiple steps, any IC sugesstion for software controlled gain?

Please suggest

Stef_mcu

Joined Mar 10, 2009
Marims,

Do you have an PCB because I ask that the PCB is very complex. I try the PCB in double sided but what about analog and digital grounds?
Are this grounds together in one star junction?