Function Generator

endaya_walatch

Joined Sep 13, 2009
Hi... I would like to ask your help regarding our project in building a function generator... how can I vary the frequency in my function generator?? i'll post the schematic later..
Please help me.. thanks..
=)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It would help a great deal if you would post the schematic that you want help with.

However, the schematics Jony130 posted show a couple of ways that frequency adjustment can be accomplished.
In the left schematic, there is a potentiometer wired as a rheostat on the output of the leftmost opamp.
In the right schematic, S1 selects one of 4 capacitors for frequency range selection, and R1 limits the maximum frequency, and R2 provides fine adjustment of the frequency.

You could implement one or more of these ideas into the schematic you have.

By the way, I don't help people via E-mail or PM; it defeats the purpose of the board (sharing knowledge), deprives you of other knowledgeable input, and jams up my in-boxes.

endaya_walatch

Joined Sep 13, 2009
sorry for the email messages.. i'm anewbie here.. thanks for the schematic.. i'll try it.. also, i will post the schematic as soon as possible...

a big thaks to all of you..

=)

endaya_walatch

Joined Sep 13, 2009
Jony130,, i would like to ask the values of the components in the 2 schematics that you gave me.. the values of the capacitors,resistors,diodes and op-apm use.. it would be a great help...

thanks..