Function Generator Mod

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The 2206 is a single-ended IC. You would need an additional board with a couple of op amps to produce an AC output (plus a dual polarity power supply).

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
If you can live with the 600 ohm sine/triangle output impedance, just add a capacitor in series with the output. I would start with a 100uF 25V electrolytic, positive terminal to the output of the 2206. If you are going to connect to equipment with DC voltage on the input, the polarity and/or voltage rating of the cap might have to be changed.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
I took a look at the schematic in that link and it would appear that all outputs except TTL are AC already. All waves except TTL use a Virtual GND simulated by a 741 to do this. At least that's what it appears to me to be.

robotkid249

Joined Mar 18, 2009
In response: "The 2206 is a single-ended IC. You would need an additional board with a couple of op amps to produce an AC output (plus a dual polarity power supply)."

So is there a schematic i can see that will turn the output into ac?
and if the output is already AC please confirm.. thanks

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
In response: "The 2206 is a single-ended IC. You would need an additional board with a couple of op amps to produce an AC output (plus a dual polarity power supply)."

So is there a schematic i can see that will turn the output into ac?
and if the output is already AC please confirm.. thanks
Did you look at the schematic? They give you a choice of two ground points. The one marked Virtual GND is held above 0V and is capacitively coupled. When a varying DC is coupled through a capacitor AC is produced. This Virtual GND goes a step beyond just a coupling cap, as the Virtual GND is also controlled be a 741 voltage follower, making it better suited to handle varying loads.

If you're still confused then let me simplify. The kit (as is) will give you AC. You don't need any additional circuitry.