FSM builder

Tera-Scale

Joined Jan 1, 2011
I designed a moore machine to drive a stepper motor with two inputs; one is to choose between full and half wave stepping and the other for clockwise of anti-clockwise. what is the best simple software i can use to check my machine by specifying the number of states and the input and outputs?

thanks

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
I designed a moore machine to drive a stepper motor with two inputs; one is to choose between full and half wave stepping and the other for clockwise of anti-clockwise. what is the best simple software i can use to check my machine by specifying the number of states and the input and outputs?

thanks
FSM's are implemented using logic gates and flip flops.

Thus any program that can simulate those devices should be good enough for any tests you might want to run. (Quartus will get it done, but I don't know how "simple" that is)

Tera-Scale

Joined Jan 1, 2011
My problem is not to simulate the circuit, in fact I already managed to simulate other FSMs which were a little smaller. I am asking for something that forms the boolean equations or the sequential and logic circuits by just specifying the states and the outputs and inputs. This is because to get the state table and state graph working exactly is not that easy for the one I want so I need something to refer to.