For Sale FS: Huge lot of Smd Components. Resistors, inductors, Capacitors, etc.

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Falcon69, May 30, 2017.

1. Falcon69

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    I have acquired a HUGE lot of passive components, and some IC chips.

There are over 900 REELS (some of them full) and about 2000 IC Chips (maybe more).

The mixed box of IC chips I will not inventory, but there are 7400's, PLC's, ULN2803's, 555 Timers, LM 393, and much more in the box (i'm sure some of the PLC's have been programmed. I have no way of testing them). There's probably even some hard to find ones in there as well.

Please see attached Excel Spread Sheet for the list. I've done my best to include all information as possible on the list. I've estimated/calculate the amount of chips in each reel (for the non-full reels). I don't think I'm off more than 100-200 pieces.

The Excel sheet lists the price for the components if bought new from Mouser, Digikey, Arrow, etc. at REEL prices (as well as 1 piece and 100 piece prices). This is just to give an idea on retail costs. I do not expect to get ANYWHERE near that. I'm not sure on the value of all of this. So I am accepting any reasonable offers. Would like to sell the whole lot as one.

Would be good for someone who is willing to spend the time to list on eBay. I don't have the patience for that.

Most are still active chips, however, some are discontinued or obsolete, but should be fine for hobbyists.

I can deliver these within 50 miles of 97236 (Portland, OR) or further for a fee. I can ship these as well, however, it is very expensive. I estimate shipping charges could be about $700 for the lower 48 states. There's 9 big boxes full weighing about 30-45lbs each.

KITTY in picture NOT for sale!! She was helping me inventory that day.

EDIT: Okay, I can't upload the Excel File. It won't allow the Excel extension. So I have zipped the file.

20170318_124202.jpg

20170318_100016.jpg

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Man, that's a lotta components. :eek:

I was gonna ask if I can get the kitty ?:D

3. Falcon69

Nov 11, 2013
    hey, get your own pussy! that ones mine. :p

Ya, it is, Some are some old stock I had, but most are some that I bought recently, and appears to be alot that have come from local electronic assemblers, even some from Intel.

4. takao21203

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 28, 2012
    Have you enquired freight forwarder as palletized consigment? Should be much less than 700.
    As long as the driver can get to a parking lot (i.E. not 14th floor appartment room off a highstreet address) should be acceptable for them.

5. Falcon69

Nov 11, 2013
    Never knew how to go about doing that. Funny things is, I drove Semi-truck for two years, but I never handled any of that stuff. I just drove to spot, picked up, and delivered.

But ya, I could see it possible costing less. I'm not apposed to doing it, but the buyer would need to set it up and I can drive it to the loading docks.

It's all still available. I've had lots of hits from places like Craigslist, but no takers as of yet. I'll start breaking it apart next week and listing on eBay, if I can't find a buyer soon. I need to get rid of this stuff.

bbsquare likes this.
  6. bbsquare

Mar 5, 2017
    I''m a retired EE turned Ham with absolutely nothing for parts. Yours would be perfect but I can't afford the dosh, let alone the shipping.

Any advice where I should start accumulating (anyone???) , on a pensioner's income? I know it takes time and effort, but I really enjoyed research and tinkering. I couldn't afford very much at a time, but I still want to pursue it. I really would appreciate any wisdom you would be willing to share.

Bob

Moderator Edit: email removed to avoid spammers.

7. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Do what the OP did. Buy inventory liquidations.

I picked up a fair amount of components and equipment from a recycler who bought company inventory by the pound. They sold what they could on eBay and their website and recycled the rest.

8. Falcon69

Nov 11, 2013
    I have now listed these on eBay as a whole lot purchase. You can search for the title "Huge Lot of Passive SMD SMT Components and More! 850+ REELS! 0402 0603 0805 1206"

This would be perfect for someone who is willing to take the time to list individually on eBay. I will end up doing that if this listing does not sell. I would list them as 100 piece lots. So you can imagine how long it would take, however, the payoff would be much more then my buy it now price.