Frequency changer for compressor

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Well, i want to control de temperature of the fridge. This is part of a project for conservation of fruits controlling variables such as O2, CO2 concentration and temperature. First there was a simple on/off control for temperature but the compressor got damage because of that.
Refrigerators switch on & off - that's how they work. They are DESIGNED to work this way.
What is wrong with the thermostat to control the temp? I don't know a whole lot about refridgeration stuff so I cannot give any input on the O2 and CO2 levels being controlled by a fridge. I tend to agree with others about the varying speed of the compressor you will loose efficiency.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
What is wrong with the thermostat to control the temp? I don't know a whole lot about refridgeration stuff so I cannot give any input on the O2 and CO2 levels being controlled by a fridge. I tend to agree with others about the varying speed of the compressor you will loose efficiency.
Yes that's what the thermostat does. Just like your home AC. The thermostat makes it come on & off.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Don't most refrigeration compressors have a thermo/mechanical/electrical timer switch that keeps it from short-cycling? Maybe that's what the OP's on-off problem is.

Ken