Fpga

tosameena

Joined Aug 22, 2007
hi all,

i m trying to download few interfacing codes such as traffic light controller , elevator etc on to spartan2/max7k device......

im getting a warning msg stating that out pin is stuck at VCC or GND...

can any one help me out pz.............................. :(

tosameena

Joined Aug 22, 2007
im using quatrus II 7.2 web edition....
the message im getting after compiling the code is as follows..

Warning: Output pins are stuck at VCC or GND
Warning (13410): Pin "En1" stuck at GND
Warning (13410): Pin "En2" stuck at GND

there are no errors in the code..
im trying to interface 7 segment hex keypad with the fpga.. after downloading the code on to fpga the interfacing kit is to display the key pressed but its displaying random numbers for same key pressed.....

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Such errors are typically because of errors in the intended sequence of execution brought on by the concurrent nature of HDLs. It's usually because you have applied software programming principles to hardware programming (usually for-loop are the issue).

I assume you have written the code in VHDL, if so can you upload the fragment of code from which the errors are being generated.

Dave

tosameena

Joined Aug 22, 2007
i tried downloading the same code on to the spartan2 fpga with xilinx its working fine
im facing this problem only with quarus II max and acex devies.....

yes i have written the code in VHDL.. problem is i dont know the cause of problem..
after the simulation of the code there are no errors but only warning message that i have shown in previous post.. when i ignore this warning and proceed with the download the out for the interfacing kit is not right!!!
this warning is shown only on quartus II, in xilinx env there are no errors or warning(the code is same with no changes what so ever...)

nxtech

Joined Dec 13, 2007
When you wrote your code did you use any of the Xilinx specific functions from their IP generator or did you specify any Xilinx specific options?

If you did either of the above you wont get your code to work on an Altera device.

E

Pootworm

Joined May 18, 2007
Have you used Quartus prior to this project? And if not, have you configured the software to put unused pins in high impedance states?