Found O-Scope for Sale

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
Hello.

I found somebody local selling a tektronix 468 o-scope for $45.00 and he says that it is in working condition with the 2 probes.

Is it worth the trip?

I've never used an o-scope before, but if this is working at that price, I think it's good. If it is not working, how much would repairs cost?

Thanks!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If it's really working, it is an extremely good buy. That's 100 MHz bandwidth with digital storage.

Repairs won't be cheap, but will reflect the degree of the repair. Almost certain to be in the hundreds of dollars.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was wondering if there was a tutorial on how to use an oscilloscope.

Thanks!
Syspec makes one you may be able to find. Didn't see any real vendors that had it so may be check ebay?
http://smartflix.com/store/video/672/Oscilloscope-Training
as far as text tutorials they are all over the place, also check youtube, sometimes you can find a lot of useful stuff there. I learn much better watching a video then a book so I try to go that route when possible.

Last edited:

thakid87

Joined May 23, 2009
Thanks for the help, guys. Compared to the oscilloscope we have at my school, this thing is a behemoth!

It's awesome and from what I can gather, it works. It picks up voltage from my fingers! I've messed around with it for a bit and I can't wait until I can develop a circuit worthy of me testing it on this.