For trade / for free section?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have a bunch of parts I will probably never use. I am sure others have the same.

I can completely understand why AAC would not want to get into the business of members selling parts, but what about trading and offering for free.

It might be a good way for newbies to get their shelves stocked with parts and a way for others to clear their shelves of excess parts.

I noticed that some people do this in the Off Topic forum. If it is OK with the mods, I can start a thread there. Maybe it could be made sticky and if it catches on, it could become it's own forum?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
As I, PM me your addy if you wanna trade lists to see if we can trade anything.

PS I already cleared it with higher ups and they thought calling it Swap Shop would be best but yours is fine. They said it was cool to trade and give away.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Thanks but unless there is an objection from the mods, I will post a new thread with what I have and what I need. Feel free to take a look.

But it might be a few days as I need to do inventory.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Sounds like a good idea. I too have items that others may need.

Eidt: Perhaps a whole new forum is warranted for this.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I'm interested too, but I won't be able to do an inventory until my wife finishes cleaning out my "target" room where I plan to move my computer and bench. I also have numerous things I'd be willing to trade off or give to a deserving home.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We now have a Flea Market forum available to senior member to post items for sale & trade. We are being restrictive as to who can post items to try to keep spammers out.

Thanks to jrap for the new section.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm not being a smart alack when I say good luck with that. At least it may concentrate them in one place. I saw a spammer yesterday who took the time to post 6 or so inane posts before springing his ads on us over several days. I researched his previous posts before flagging his last.

Those dudes are pretty desperate. I suspect a lot of them are out of work folks trying to get by.

A sticky setting rules? I'd suggest 50 or more posts as a requirement.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
At least 2 out of the 3 current "swappers" are British. Many members of AAC on the other hand reside in America or Asia.

It would be nice if someone knew some typical posting fees for domestic, continental and intercontinental deliveries. Then we would know the extra cost of the transaction.

Maybe a sticky with a list of relative fees would be handy...

I can ask my local post about the postal fees for outcoming (maybe incoming too?) packages towards major destinations from my country.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Yes we need a sticky with some tips. So a beginner do not end up with a lot of old carbon film resistor full of dust, or some dried out electrolytes produced in 1980. Also the flea market section should be stricktly sale and purchase. That will say postings like this one. Should be moved to the off-topic section. And perhaps a system so that threads are closed after a deal is done.