fm power amplifer

tefavolc

Joined Nov 10, 2010
i am working on fm power amplifer , i ve designed the circuit on the orcad , and implement it on the breadboard . i bough a car fm transmitter to use it as rf source .the fm modulator contain kt0803l ic which by looking at its datasheet has rf o/p at the pin no 16 . i connect pin 16 to the amplifer i/p and the ground of the transmitter to the ground of the amplifer . but the problem is that the radio is receiving the fm signal from the transmitter and i didnt see any type of antenna in it in order to remove it .

i ve upload the pic of the transmitter and the amplifer hoping any one would help me to make the fm stop transmitting and direct the o/p rf to the amplifer .

Attachments

w2aew

Joined Jan 3, 2012
Sometimes these FM modulator/transmitters use a wire in the power lead for an antenna. Since the transmitter is so close the the intended receiver, it doesn't have to be very efficient.

tefavolc

Joined Nov 10, 2010

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
You can use a technique called "Manhattan" or "Dead Bug" (air circuits) that uses a piece of single sided copper clad board to prototype your project. Keep your leads as short as possible with RF circuits. Try to isolate the stages by using metal shielding. Use coaxial cable (RG-58 series) for your input and output feedlines. How many watts is this amp supposed to push?

tefavolc

Joined Nov 10, 2010
You can use a technique called "Manhattan" or "Dead Bug" (air circuits) that uses a piece of single sided copper clad board to prototype your project. Keep your leads as short as possible with RF circuits. Try to isolate the stages by using metal shielding. Use coaxial cable (RG-58 series) for your input and output feedlines. How many watts is this amp supposed to push?
almost 4 watt at 50 ohm antenna load and 18v source