FM audio transmitter

Catfeesh

Joined Aug 31, 2011
I am currently undertaking a design project for one of my courses and I need some help. I want to build a circuit that you can plug into the headphone jack of an audio device (mp3, ipod etc), and that audio signal to be transmitted at a particular frequency. The signal will be received by a receiver circuit and output through a pair of earphones.

I understand this will be quite challenging, but I am willing to put in effort. I need some advice on basically what I should do/know to get started. Any help would be appreciated.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Do you need to design the receiver part as well, or can you use traditional FM radio? Sounds like you're designing one of those iPod-to-car-radio things. Is that a good summary of the project?

I can tell you straight away that one of the design issues will be power; where will it come from?

Catfeesh

Joined Aug 31, 2011
Yes, we will be designing the receiver (or rather transceiver) as well. Basically we want to transmit to one receiver and which in turn will transmit to another one at a different frequency. I suppose in practical applications it should be powered by battery, however for the purpose of the course we will probably just be using the variable power supplies in the laboratory.