Fluke 45 Dual Display Multimeter

NewGuy100

Joined Nov 2, 2005
I have recently used a Fluke 45 Dual Display Multimeter and I have a problem with reading the freqency off of the Fluke 45. I measure 100 Hz from the oscilloscope but everytime I take a reading from the meter, it keeps giving me 190-200 Hz. Can anyone tell me why?

richbrune

Joined Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by NewGuy100@Nov 2 2005, 12:55 PM
I have recently used a Fluke 45 Dual Display Multimeter and I have a problem with reading the freqency off of the Fluke 45. I measure 100 Hz from the oscilloscope but everytime I take a reading from the meter, it keeps giving me 190-200 Hz. Can anyone tell me why?
[post=11425]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't know for sure, but I just bought another brand of meter and had a similar experience, and believe it or not, it was a blown fuse. I didn't realize that blowing a fuse would cause the meter to err during certain functions, and not others. I was measuring frequency as well, and had a varying display of the number which fluctuated in a similar manner. Also the duty cycle measuring function fluctuated around 50%, even though my oscilloscope display it clearly at 10%, and very stable. It turned out that only one of the two fuses had blown. I hope that's all it is,

Rich

NewGuy100

Joined Nov 2, 2005
Originally posted by richbrune@Nov 3 2005, 03:29 AM
I don't know for sure, but I just bought another brand of meter and had a similar experience, and believe it or not, it was a blown fuse. I didn't realize that blowing a fuse would cause the meter to err during certain functions, and not others. I was measuring frequency as well, and had a varying display of the number which fluctuated in a similar manner. Also the duty cycle measuring function fluctuated around 50%, even though my oscilloscope display it clearly at 10%, and very stable. It turned out that only one of the two fuses had blown. I hope that's all it is,

Rich
[post=11440]Quoted post[/post]​
This problem didn't occur often and I thought it was one of the fuses too. I checked one of the fuses and it seems to be fine. One of my coworker checked the fuse in the back and discovered it was blown. She had it replaced with another fluke 45, but when I tested it, it was much worse. I was still able to read the voltages fine from the meter, but reading the frequency is causing me the most problems. Rather than failing occasionally, it failed constantly always on the frequency and never anywhere else. I have already e-mailed the service department but have yet received a reply. How many fuses are there for the Fluke 45 multimeter?