Fluke 233

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
http://us.fluke.com/fluke/usen/digi...-multimeters/fluke-233.htm?PID=56054&trck=233

I searched the forums but seen no reference to this so forgive me if this was brought up previously.

Except for the fact that the Fluke 233 does not have the ability to display milli or micro amps (specs say it will read down to 1ma), there have been countless times I needed the wireless remote readout feature (typically for voltage readings) and this seems to be the tool to have.

I can manipulate the device to achieve the ma and ua values so that is no big deal.

I am asking if anyone here has a Fluke 233 or know techs that do have one and what is your valued opinion of this product?

Thanks.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://us.fluke.com/fluke/usen/digi...-multimeters/fluke-233.htm?PID=56054&trck=233

I searched the forums but seen no reference to this so forgive me if this was brought up previously.

Except for the fact that the Fluke 233 does not have tha ability to display milli or micro amps, there have been countless times I needed the wireless remote readout feature (typically for voltage readings) and this seems to be the tool to have.

I can manipulate the device to achieve the ma and ua values so that is no big deal.

I am asking if anyone here has a Fluke 233 or know techs that do have one and what is your valued opinion of this product?

Thanks.
I have several at work and love the things. The remote display is magnetic so you can stick in on anything and at any orientation. It's great for high voltage adjustments where the entire device is several thousands of volts above ground. I spec the measurement tools for our group and have tested a few for several months with a plan to upgrade all the old fluke 23 and 77 meters to a 233 because of the added safety factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFrTDo03uA

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Caramba!!!. I take my hat off just like that for fluke
Me got to have one of these.......
It's about time to get married again...

Literally.....;).
C'mon. do not wonder? Ask.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I have several at work and love the things. The remote display is magnetic so you can stick in on anything and at any orientation. It's great for high voltage adjustments where the entire device is several thousands of volts above ground. I spec the measurement tools for our group and have tested a few for several months with a plan to upgrade all the old fluke 23 and 77 meters to a 233 because of the added safety factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFrTDo03uA
Thanks for that.
It is what I was hoping to hear!
Can I ask how it does at the end of its 10 meter range spec?
My measurements will normally be in the range of 6 to 9 meters (20 to 30 feet) away.

thanks again

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Caramba!!!. I take my hat off just like that for fluke
Me got to have one of these.......
It's about time to get married again...

Literally.....;).
C'mon. do not wonder? Ask.
Is that the dowry you are seeking?
A fluke meter for your love?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Thanks for that.
It is what I was hoping to hear!
Can I ask how it does at the end of its 10 meter range spec?
My measurements will normally be in the range of 6 to 9 meters (20 to 30 feet) away.

thanks again
Up to 20 feet I know it's rock solid in a room filled with devices that kill cell phone and pager signals from RFI but as they say YMMV. I hope they make a model with the same spec's as a fluke 45 or 187 because I still have a requirement for 5+ digit meters with remote display.

Last edited:

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Thanks yet again.
I ordered one today from Mouser. They had the lowest price.
I hear what you say about the need for more digits.
This will work for me well in the field. I dont need such accuracy there.
In the field the control stations are quite distant from the processors. In the lab, not so.

Last edited:

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
A Brief Company History

Mouser Electronics was founded in 1964 in El Cajon, (southern) California, by Jerry Mouser, a Physics Instructor who needed components for a newly formed electronics program at his school.
In 1983, a branch office was opened in Mansfield, Texas, located 20 miles south of the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. As the electronics industry significantly expanded, the Mansfield branch grew rapidly and, by 1986, the company's executives moved the corporate headquarters to the Mansfield location.

In January 2000, a new kind of partnership was forged when Mouser Electronics, Inc. became a subsidiary of TTI, Inc. -- one of the world's leading distributors of passive components. This combining of resources from both companies offers a complete solution for our customers, as well as our suppliers.
With Mouser's efficiency of small-quantity order fulfillment, products are delivered quickly for design-in during the prototype stage of R&D, and then transitioned to TTI for global production quantities. This complete solution is unique in the electronics distribution industry.

Mouser executives include: Chairman of the Board, Paul Andrews; President & CEO, Glenn Smith; Vice President of Product Marketing, Barry McConnell.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Drove past them one night coming back from the American Legion in Mansfield.

I've done alot of business with them over the past 15 years and this is the first time I've been in the same state.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200434676_200434676?cm_ven=Aggregates&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Electrical%3EElectrical%20Tools&cm_ite=163125?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=163125

This connects to a PC or netbook I think. It has a wireless USB receiver and a built in transmitter.

It is the same cost as the fluke and it goes from 1 microamp to 20amps.
the Extech meter is a good value.

With the program I use for interfacing control systems, signal analyzer, an 8 channel voltage logger, a digital o-scope, a digital protractor for calibrating set-points, and sometimes more all connected to my laptop, I need another application running like I need another hole in my head!
But the Extech in intriguing.

Anyway,
I have been using the Fluke 233 for a week and a half and it works at least as good as advertized.
It has never faltered at a distance less than 40 feet (12.2 meters). That was from behind a closed door.
at 60 feet (18.3 meters) in view of the base unit, the meter will at times drop out.
The best I have been able to get is 80 feet (24.4 meters) from the base unit and still have solid readout.
Batteries (5) are fresh so I expect this type of distance to drop but I am pretty darn glad I got this meter.
It is working out well in my application.

this concludes my fluke 233 evaluation portion of AAC's programming

gentiks

Joined Oct 21, 2011
Fluke 233 is OK, but for me has two kind of problems:
1. The consumption of batteries is to high (for both the base and remote display)
2. The cursor is not comfortable for diode test (it needs to push the yellow button for the change)