floresent indicator panel

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i have a pair of display that cam from an olt cash refister from 1994 ish. i looked it up and it is a floresent indicator panel (FIP). it is model fip6a13(c). i read the info on it and conected the filemins to 12V DC and they glowed but hooking up the other leads that run the displays so nothing.
i do not understand much about there becaus they're comparing it to a tride vacum tube witch i know nothing about. i have connected both +&- 12Vdc to both the grid and anode and nothing (with the filements powered also.
is my voltage to low? or am i just doing somthing wrong. or do i need to conect it to a floresent inverter to run it? i have a hard time beleving it can take over 12 v to run the display (excluding the filiments) because there is al kinds of ICs conected to them. ( i am powering the panel direct bypasing any other parts.)

here are the stats i looked up for this model

NEC Electronics
Vacuum Fluorescent Displays
Package Style (Basic)=SIP
Color=Blue-Green
Number of Digits=6.5
Character Height (mm)=13
Vsup Nom.(V) Supply Voltage=3.2
Iseg (A) Segment Forward Cur.=120m
Lv Typ.(fL) Luminance=200
Package=SIP

i also tryed uploading the pdf on it not sure it worked though so here is a link to a site where i got it.

any ideas or explanasions apreciated.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Your lucky you didnt blow the fillaments as they are 3.2V on most of those types of display, the segments voltage can be around 90V DC.