flock application

Niklas

Joined Apr 11, 2012
hello

I´m locking for a SCHEDULE for a Negative ION generator..
Value 120VAC input 7,5KV output 60hz

in sweden it should be :
230 AC input 7,5KV output 50hz

I have search anywhere in sweden and i cant find it.

I hope that someone can help me or have another idea how i can do...

PLEASE HELP

Best regards Niklas

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I believe you mean you want a circuit SCHEMATIC for a negative ion generator, to operate from mains power in Sweden; 230AC, 50Hz?

Perhaps if you Google with those terms.

svdsinner

Joined May 17, 2011
If you are doing this as an air cleaner, you make it a 3 stage machine:

1. Cleanable, positively charged metallic grid or wire array at the air inlet, possibly with a cleanable prefilter.
  2. Fan to move the air
  3. Negative ion generator at exhaust port. (Make sure the exhaust aims away from the inlet so they ions travel through the air in the room before returning.)
Why?

The negative ions will attach themselves to airborne particles, making them negatively charged. The positive grid will grab these negative particles to keep them out of the room and allow you to clean them all in one place. Otherwise, the airborne particles with simply attach themselves to anything convenient (your walls, etc.) and make the room it is in grimy all over, and washing walls regularly isn't any fun.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
If it is for a model railroad application, there are several resources on the Internet - even another thread about it on AAC.

Following several links, this old one from a model railroad forum has several ideas, including links to other circuits. They can provide additional input for you to make your own.

BTW, I am interested in how your project works out.