Fixing laptop's speaker harness?

steep humor

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Hello. I don't know whether this is right place to put this question, but seriously need your help.

While I was fixing my brother's laptop, I accidentally put the harness off which was the part of the left speaker.

IMG_2279.jpg IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2280.jpg

I'm considering of soldering, but there are two types of circuit.

Is it adherable? What is the use of that green part on the board which is damaged? Please help me guys.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The lighter green part is the copper conductors showing through a green anti-corrosion coating. It looks like you ripped some of it off and it is not clear what it used to connect to...if anything. Soldering is the usual fix, not adhesive.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Use 22 to 26 gauge magnet wire to replace damaged PCB traces. Super glue the wire in one spot, wait till dry, bend and follow old path of trace with wire. Gluing it down at each place where it changes direction.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Kermit comes up with a good idea. If you superglue the ripped-up piece to the circuit board, you can solder it back into its previous position. You have to scrape the green coating off the touching edges so you can solder to the copper.

Personally, I think there is enough remaining real estate to just solder-tack two wires on and run them to the speaker.

steep humor

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Kermit comes up with a good idea. If you superglue the ripped-up piece to the circuit board, you can solder it back into its previous position. You have to scrape the green coating off the touching edges so you can solder to the copper.

Personally, I think there is enough remaining real estate to just solder-tack two wires on and run them to the speaker.
Thank you guys. I should try it!