find an alternative part for 744223 from Würth

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone,
I want to redesign a Board, and I should search for an active modern product, preferably proper for the new design. Could you please advise on how I could select an alternative Inductor as Filter (L1 and L2 in the attached file) for my Board? How important is the Specification of a new one to be the same as 744223? For example, Impedance, Inductance, Maximum DC Current, etc.

Thank you. With best regards

Attachments

Last edited:

somaye2022

Joined Mar 23, 2022
Why not use the original part? Digikey has almost 2,000 of them.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/würth-elektronik/744223/1638888
You're right; at the moment, it's alright, but I think until the board is redesigned and ready, it will take a while; I have checked with Mouser ( 744223 Wurth Elektronik | Mouser Germany ) that it has a long lead time. For this reason, I thought that maybe for the times to come, I should choose a part with a no so long lead time. Isn't it?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
You're right; at the moment, it's alright, but I think until the board is redesigned and ready, it will take a while; I have checked with Mouser ( 744223 Wurth Elektronik | Mouser Germany ) that it has a long lead time. For this reason, I thought that maybe for the times to come, I should choose a part with a no so long lead time. Isn't it?
If you find a part without a long lead time, it's because the manufacturers hasn't told the distributor to expect a long lead time yet. All parts have long lead times now. I would order some of those parts from Digikey and hold them until you need them.