Final year project

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Youtube is another good source for ideas. Just search for stuff like "final year electronics project" or "capstone project". There are a number of things you can do. Consider what your strong points are in your training so far. Do you tend to lean toward digital, analog, control systems, communications, or some other area of electronics?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It baffles me that so many posters here get to their final year with no itch to build something they've wanted a long time, with no clue about something that interests them to build. Why'd they go into this major anyway?

Maybe we never hear from the A & B students?

Apologies to the OP for ranting in his thread.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It baffles me that so many posters here get to their final year with no itch to build something they've wanted a long time, with no clue about something that interests them to build. Why'd they go into this major anyway?
I'll never forget my years in college (mathematics), where a friend who was a EE major had to select his final year project. We had met in the college theater group, and his final project was to build an advanced lighting system from scratch for the theater. He had the itch and successfully scratched it!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

Maybe we never hear from the A & B students?

Apologies to the OP for ranting in his thread.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't want to rant in his thread either, but I'm more than willing to ditto your rant -- again, with no intended slight to this particular OP.

I can certainly see someone getting to their capstone project and needing some thoughts in terms of whether particular projects are or are not reasonable projects or how they might expand or contract the scope of an idea to make it reasonable. But to have no idea whatsoever? It boggles my mind. Now, it's always possible that the poster does have a list but either doesn't think about posting their own ideas or is concerned that they might not get as broad a range of suggestions if they do. But I suspect that's not the case with most.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
How about this: design a device which takes characters and images from the screen of a computer and transfers them onto a sheet of paper?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Hahaha! I love that first photo! Someone let the blonde secretary use the photocopier again!

It's always about the final year project hey? It makes me want to go and do a degree, year after year, just so when it gets to the final year I can post here and ask everyone "what final year project should I make" and then ask everyone to do all the work for me. ;)