final year project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by akeyela, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. akeyela

    Thread Starter New Member

    Apr 11, 2009

    i am a final year engineering student, and am working on a project, "prevention of electric shock" that too by isolating the existing earthing system as a preventive measure...... please suggest me a way of making a circuit using triac, a multistable viberator and any other electronic device which could be used to make such a circuit arrangement
  2. n1ist

    AAC Fanatic!

    Mar 8, 2009
    The device you are trying to make is called a GFI (ground fault interrupter) or GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) in the US, and an ELCB (Earth leakage circuit breaker) elsewhere. It works by sensing the current imbalance between phase and neutral or multiple phases - any imbalance is leaking to ground. Do a google search for more information.

    BTW, test it with a resistor, not with your finger...