Final year Project suggestions

electrogirl

Joined May 2, 2010
Hi i'm a BS electronics and communications student(4th year) and I am currently thinking of a good project for my final year. I need some suggestions for my final year project.

The project must have relevance, can be marketed and can help our society and help improve our living standard.

Please any suggestion would be a appreciated. thanks a lot! :)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I have always wanted a kitchen timer that would provide on-screen display to designated local TV sets.

The display could be like a scroll at the bottom of the screen and maybe only appear at designated intervals, like 5 minutes to go and when finished. It could also send a "please help" message, should the person in the kitchen need it.

Wireless, of course.

John

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yes, and expanding it to be an in-home intercom using the TVs (and computers!) would be cool. Include any IP addresses in the home.

I had an idea last night for a detector-driven paint sprayer. When the utility guys wave their detector back and forth over the ground looking for buried cables and pipes, I think they have to manually place a paint mark where they detect something. It should be trivial to trigger a paint sprayer off the same signal they respond to manually. Of course you'd want a manual trigger to enable the paint.

electrogirl

Joined May 2, 2010
I have always wanted a kitchen timer that would provide on-screen display to designated local TV sets.

The display could be like a scroll at the bottom of the screen and maybe only appear at designated intervals, like 5 minutes to go and when finished. It could also send a "please help" message, should the person in the kitchen need it.

Wireless, of course.

John
good idea!