Final Project Problem

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
The concept is like a 3-way switch, 2 Switch connected to each other but only 1 output but the difference is

I'm Using 1 Wall Switch, 1 Relay connected to a arduino, 1 output "Bulb", and 1 Voltage Source..

My Problem is How will I connect all component but have the same result with the 3-way Switch.

and also what kind of Switch I will use?

please help me here.

Last edited:

Euclidjay

Joined Oct 11, 2013
wait. I will post a circuit diagram for 3-way switch I can't make a simple diagram for my concept I'm confuse where to put the components and the relay connected to the arduino makes me confuse..

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The AND function of two switches in series would not give independent control of the lamp. The simplest independent control of the lamp relay from two standard 1-way wall toggle switches is to run the switch outputs to a 2-input exclusive-NOR or exclusive-OR circuit that drives the relay (as inwo mentioned). This can be extended to an arbitrary number of switches using an additional XOR/XNOR gate for each switch. You, of course, can also generate the XOR or XNOR function with the Arduino but that's overkill.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
The concept is like a 3-way switch, 2 Switch connected to each other but only 1 output but the difference is

I'm Using 1 Wall Switch, 1 Relay connected to a arduino, 1 output "Bulb", and 1 Voltage Source..

My Problem is How will I connect all component but have the same result with the 3-way Switch.

and also what kind of Switch I will use?

please help me here.
Use diagram in #3.
Sub a spdt relay for one of the switches. Relay controlled by arduino?