Filter design

erle4581

Joined May 12, 2006
I am designing a filter for a power supply. because the incoming three phase AC is varing both in amplitude and frequency the filter after the 6 pulse rectifier needs some work. The filter starts with a supercapacitor in parallel then a CLC-filter after the supercapacitor. After the filter a three phase IGBT bridge will be conected and then a transformer and finaly the grid. Need some help with the size on the filter, and how to calculate the values on the passive components in the filter. The incoming AC will have a maximum value of 600V.
Tanks (if you need more info about the circuit please tell me)

please can someone help me !!!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

More info would really be helpful. Like a schematic. If I am following your walk-thru, the transformer comes after a diode and fet bridge and several sets of filters. This sounds like quite a feat. Please post more.

erle4581

Joined May 12, 2006
Originally posted by beenthere@May 12 2006, 06:43 PM
Hi,

More info would really be helpful. Like a schematic. If I am following your walk-thru, the transformer comes after a diode and fet bridge and several sets of filters. This sounds like quite a feat. Please post more.
[post=17035]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi

I have put out a figure on the circuit hope this is helpful
(if more info is needed please tell me)
Iam not sure if the figure got attach please tell me if not and please help me how
to attach the figure it is a bmp file.

I think that you have followed the walkthru correct, 1: Three phase linear generator
2: six pulse diode bridge. 3: The DC filter with one supercapacitor in parallel after that a pi-filter consists of first a ceramic capacitor in parallel then two shokes in series one at the positive DC side and one at the negative and finally a last capacitor in parallel. This is the filter I need help with. After the filter a three phase IGBT-bridge and after that a transformer and then the grid.
Hope the picture gotten attatch it is easier to explain with a figure. The supercapacitor is needed because of the varing amplitude of the incoming AC from about 0-600V. I can send hopfully a figure on the incoming AC on monday it is a bit hard to explain it.
thanks

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by erle4581@May 13 2006, 02:46 AM
Hi

I have put out a figure on the circuit hope this is helpful
(if more info is needed please tell me)
Iam not sure if the figure got attach please tell me if not and please help me how
to attach the figure it is a bmp file.

I think that you have followed the walkthru correct, 1: Three phase linear generator
2: six pulse diode bridge. 3: The DC filter with one supercapacitor in parallel after that a pi-filter consists of first a ceramic capacitor in parallel then two shokes in series one at the positive DC side and one at the negative and finally a last capacitor in parallel. This is the filter I need help with. After the filter a three phase IGBT-bridge and after that a transformer and then the grid.
Hope the picture gotten attatch it is easier to explain with a figure. The supercapacitor is needed because of the varing amplitude of the incoming AC from about 0-600V. I can send hopfully a figure on the incoming AC on monday it is a bit hard to explain it.
thanks
[post=17044]Quoted post[/post]​
No attachment made it into the post. Can you try again?

hgmjr