filter circuit with transformer

icecube

Joined Apr 16, 2010
hi everyone! i m new here and m a first year engineering student. i have a project and i hope i cud get some help here. i have to design the following circuit
and have to obtain an output voltage of 5 volts. whereas the input voltage supply wud be 230 volts and a frequency of 50 hz. so the point is the choice of filters. it might sound simple but being the frst electronic project of my life things are very confusing and there is all kind of information here on web which i m unable to understand fully. so plz if anybody could help i wil be very thankful!

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
hi everyone! i m new here and m a first year engineering student. i have a project and i hope i cud get some help here. i have to design the following circuit
and have to obtain an output voltage of 5 volts. whereas the input voltage supply wud be 230 volts and a frequency of 50 hz. so the point is the choice of filters. it might sound simple but being the frst electronic project of my life things are very confusing and there is all kind of information here on web which i m unable to understand fully. so plz if anybody could help i wil be very thankful!
that sounds very difficult for a 1st year engineering problem...have you even covered ohms law yet?

so if i understand right, you simply need to size the RC components?

icecube

Joined Apr 16, 2010
thanks i took a superficial look at it and it seems to be very helpful since there is everything frm the very beginning. i wil study that in detail. thanks