Okay, it has been a little bit since I have last posted. Alot has gone on lately. Well, i finally gave in to the Electronic systems technician program i was attending at this trade school. I got sick of sitting there not learning and being able to read my manuals on my own equipment and save 12,000 dollars. So i called the school and said i wanted to switch over to the Electrical Construction Maintenance. I have been off all this month since i have to wait till March 2nd to restart in the new program. Since I am out of school right now I have been reading a book i bought called Basic Electricity By Van Balkengurgh,Nooger and Neville inc. Its a great easy to read begginers book it reminds me of a comic book in a way lol.
This book has 5 volumes and i am almost done with the 3rd volume. It was a great refresher for ohm's law, seris, parallel, series-parallel and now i am in the ac side of the book. I am really happy how i am understanding all of this and it actually makes sense to me know then it did a month or two ago. I also found a couple good websites with actual lectures from a instructor in the field and each one of the very many videos is about 20 minutes each.
Now with the Electrical Construction Maintenance diploma program i currently am taking at school i have some questions. First off is this an actual field of electronics? Is this plainly a place to start to learn the basics and pray for an entry level position and then learn everything from the company you work for?
Because i am still not sure what part of the field to go into. I am trying to find some info on the web that shows the different fields but no luck yet. I wouldnt mind becoming an engineer but the problem lies with the 2 or 4 year degree which i cannot do now.
What is a good field of electronics or electrical to get into that does not require a 2 or 4 year degree but still pays good and has openings and that i can get into with the diploma program i am in right now.
Here is a link to the program i was taking called EST http://www.coyneamerican.edu/programs/electronics-systems-technician/ this link shows the classes that came with the program.
Here is a link to the program i switched to which is called ECM
http://www.coyneamerican.edu/programs/electrical-construction-and-maintenance/ this link shows the classes that come with the program.
I was thinking along the lines of PLC'S, I was thinking finish school get a job in the field and then learn the PLC's on my own and if the employer pays for education then i would go that route if not learn it on my own and attend allen bradleys week long courses for the paper work. any thoughts? thanks
This book has 5 volumes and i am almost done with the 3rd volume. It was a great refresher for ohm's law, seris, parallel, series-parallel and now i am in the ac side of the book. I am really happy how i am understanding all of this and it actually makes sense to me know then it did a month or two ago. I also found a couple good websites with actual lectures from a instructor in the field and each one of the very many videos is about 20 minutes each.
Now with the Electrical Construction Maintenance diploma program i currently am taking at school i have some questions. First off is this an actual field of electronics? Is this plainly a place to start to learn the basics and pray for an entry level position and then learn everything from the company you work for?
Because i am still not sure what part of the field to go into. I am trying to find some info on the web that shows the different fields but no luck yet. I wouldnt mind becoming an engineer but the problem lies with the 2 or 4 year degree which i cannot do now.
What is a good field of electronics or electrical to get into that does not require a 2 or 4 year degree but still pays good and has openings and that i can get into with the diploma program i am in right now.
Here is a link to the program i was taking called EST http://www.coyneamerican.edu/programs/electronics-systems-technician/ this link shows the classes that came with the program.
Here is a link to the program i switched to which is called ECM
http://www.coyneamerican.edu/programs/electrical-construction-and-maintenance/ this link shows the classes that come with the program.
I was thinking along the lines of PLC'S, I was thinking finish school get a job in the field and then learn the PLC's on my own and if the employer pays for education then i would go that route if not learn it on my own and attend allen bradleys week long courses for the paper work. any thoughts? thanks