fault detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

abohagar

Joined Dec 15, 2009
i am phD student trying to design an arcing fault for l to ground fault by ATP/EMTP ,so any one can help me please?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
As I understand the arcing condition the "pre-arc" environment is characterized by a high potential difference and a minimal leakage current. During the "arc" the potential drops to near zero as the ion track completes the circuit and the current rises to high levels. In the "post-arc" environment the remaining potential is insufficient to sustain the arc and it dissipates.

With some care, each of these regimes can be detected, sampled and analyzed in the time domain. Is that what you are after?

abohagar

Joined Dec 15, 2009
As I understand the arcing condition the "pre-arc" environment is characterized by a high potential difference and a minimal leakage current. During the "arc" the potential drops to near zero as the ion track completes the circuit and the current rises to high levels. In the "post-arc" environment the remaining potential is insufficient to sustain the arc and it dissipates.

With some care, each of these regimes can be detected, sampled and analyzed in the time domain. Is that what you are after?
thanks Mr. papabravo

Status
Not open for further replies.