Error on first Page

finito

Joined Apr 23, 2010
Hello, I am new to this site, I am very intrigued by circuits or moreover by knowledge and there is so much to fill my appetite.

Well I was reading the E-book or web book, and I found an error on:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_1/1.html

On the last paragraph, third line, first sentence.

"While is is possible to"

I believe it should read While it is possible.

I hope I posted in the right place.

Peace.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Michael Faraday proved (1832) that static electricity was the same as that produced by a battery or a generator. Static electricity is, for the most part, a nuisance. Black powder and smokeless powder have graphite added to prevent ignition due to static electricity. It causes damage to sensitive semiconductor circuitry. While is is possible to produce motors powered by high voltage and low current characteristic of static electricity, this is not economic. The few practical applications of static electricity include xerographic printing, the electrostatic air filter, and the high voltage Van de Graaff generator.
Michael Faraday proved (1832) that static electricity was the same as that produced by a battery or a generator. Static electricity is, for the most part, a nuisance. Black powder and smokeless powder have graphite added to prevent ignition due to static electricity. It causes damage to sensitive semiconductor circuitry. While it is possible to produce motors powered by high voltage and low current characteristic of static electricity, this is not economic. The few practical applications of static electricity include xerographic printing, the electrostatic air filter, and the high voltage Van de Graaff generator.
Yes, I see the point.