Entropy of Galaxy may eliminate requirement for Dark Matter

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
it's about how to create a world with no "1" (god) . . . in it (NB! but this is just one thread to this problem space) . . . if i would remember it now . . . then (back to forth: ) if you "compile" "-1" (she-god) there would be "1" (he-god) . . . , but to do so the sys must be recollected from time // initially it was a fuzzy transfer to (maybe) "-1" and 4 "variables" 2 of which were interchanging to each other (perhaps photon) the other 2 were more defined , but i don't remember now . . . ← however -- the "party" de-energized into the 289 or 298 particles we know today or soon do ... (self-checking...) -- maybe not that soon → https://www.quora.com/How-many-elementary-particles-are-there = 38
(self-check.2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stable_nuclide = 252 Σ.of = 290 :confused:
________
. . . check the

Attachments

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
it's about how to create a world with no "1" (god) . . . in it (NB! but this is just one thread to this problem space) . . . if i would remember it now . . . then (back to forth: ) if you "compile" "-1" (she-god) there would be "1" (he-god) . . . , but to do so the sys must be recollected from time // initially it was a fuzzy transfer to (maybe) "-1" and 4 "variables" 2 of which were interchanging to each other (perhaps photon) the other 2 were more defined , but i don't remember now . . . ← however -- the "party" de-energized into the 289 or 298 particles we know today or soon do ...
On what post did I say 'why'?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I'm not sure I follow .... is the article stating that since galaxies with supermassive black holes have an enormous amount of entropy, and tha this entropy can be translated into mass (as in m=E/c²), and that therefore said equivalent mass exerts the gravity that would normally be attributed to dark matter?.

Last edited:

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
and that this entropy can be translated into mass
i'm not too shure i follow neither -- but it likely is

and this entropy . . . with the proposed (relativistic) "entropy distribution model" (of the galaxy) may disclose the need to have a mysterious dark matter to be the explanation for the probable mass budget mismatch for nearby universe ...

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Ok, but I find it difficult to conclude this model without throwing the baby out with the bathwater, to me you can't include the existence of Gravity but hold strictly to Electrodynamics and Thermodynamics.

Such as: In an Ionic solution colloidal state thus equal throught the solution remains clear, if you have electro-weak forces within the solution with higher electro-strong then the solution will yellow there is no Gravitational pull rather electromagnetic attraction, yet even more to be true, that if the solution contains particles of equal size atomic and we apply a negative and positive voltage we will suspend the solution with equal sizes charges but we would need to oscillate differential voltages meaning at a high rate back and forth pole to pole will suspend the particles equally charged state giving the solution a clear colloidal state.

If not only positive charge on one side and negative on the other will create metallic particles of un-equal size suspended in this system, thus some higher ionic and weaker being pulled toward the larger particle with the higher state of charge, no gravity still just and electromagnetic attraction at work.

Again such is true with the Laws of Thermodynamics. So, again I ask is Gravity simply an illusion of natural laws at work?

kv
Get a clear rectangular dish pan, fill it with tap water somewhat.
Heat up some water based black paint after thinning it with water a bit more.
Pour the heated paint into the dish pan very very slowly near one end so as not to agitate the water too much.
Does the heated paint spread out and migrate toward the other end?
Does gravity still exist?
I would say, "yes" and "yes".

Ultimately if you could find a way to introduce the black paint without agitating the water at all that would be the better experiment as that would mean any movement of the black liquid could only be caused by something other than the initial flow of pouring it into the pan. Perhaps a divider in the pan with warm black paint at one end and cool water at the other end, then gently lift out the divider.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
"The new research reports that signs of a faint gravitational tide, known as the “external field effect” or EFE, can be observed statistically in the orbital speeds of stars in more than 150 galaxies."

As the article reports MOND (there are many types of MOND theories) has issues too.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1805.06804.pdf
The gravitational-wave event GW170817 and the near-simultaneous corresponding
gamma-ray burst (GRB 170817 A) falsify modified gravity theories in which the gravitational geometry differs non-conformally from physical geometry. Thus, the observations of
this event definitively rule out theories, such as TeVeS, a suggested relativistic extension
of Milgrom’s modified Newtonian dynamics (MOND), that predict a significantly different
Shapiro delay for electromagnetic and gravitational radiation. While not falsifying MOND
per se, GW170817 severely constrains relativistic extensions of MOND to theories that do
not rely on additional matter-coupling fields but rather upon modified field equations for one
universal gravitational and physical metric.
The External Field Effect seems to be a matter-coupling field so it's a hard sell.