EMI-EMC guidelines

sadatan

Joined Feb 24, 2010
I am using 8 transistors to take inputs from various devices on to a micro controller on my I/O board.Can some one tell me that what precautions should i take to take care for making it complaint with following test standards-EFT,ESD,surge,Conducted susceptibility,voltage dips and interruption,magnetic immunity etc

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You are asking a question that is way to broad. In fact it can not be answered as long as you do not provide us any information. All the things you are asking for will depend very much on several factors. Like electronic design, PCB layout, how the electronics are packed into a unit and so on. If you want some answers from us. You must provide some information and show some effort. We can not or want not just serve you a turn key ready solution on a silver plate

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Not to mention EMI/EMC/ESD compliance is really a job for a professional engineer and you need to get it right the first time. The cost of laboratory testing will grow very very quickly if you keep needing to retest because your/our "guesses" were incorrect. The cost to hire a professional engineer who can sit down and fully evaluate your whole design is well worth it in these cases. Heck many times just the cost for 1 retest will be more than you would pay an engineer.

sadatan

Joined Feb 24, 2010
Actually i have digital inputs,digital outputs,rs-485,DAC out ,UART connector and adc in (from RTD) on my board.I have a switching regulator 12v to 3.3V on my board.Now iam using transorb on my-rs-485 section for surge,ESD and EFT and i have also put few ferrite beads on my power line every where.
Now i want the solutions for my input section attached here with.

Attachments